SA 23.03-15.06 and 24.08-19.10.2019, also FR 10.05-7.06 and 6.09-27.09.2019
as well as special appointments with at least 5 people.
Season 1: 23.03 and 19.10.2019
Season 2: 24.03-28.04 and 29.09-18.10.2019
Season 3: 29.04-15.06 and 24.08-28.09.2019
8 days / 7 nights
price per person
590 € in a double room, 3/4 * hotels (in Alberobello sometimes a typical "hotel village" called "Trulli")
Included in the price
Travel guide, maps, road book
Train transfer Ostuni-Lecce (day 4)
Not included in the price
Visitor's tax (approx. € 10-15)
Everything that is not listed under "Included in the price"
Surcharges per person
€ 200 single room
100 € season 2
160 € season 3
80 € rental bike
€ 190 electric bike
15 € helmet
Transfers (to be reserved at the moment of booking):
45 € Bari-Matera (min. 2 people)
Brindisi-Matera, Lecce-Bari, Lecce-Brindisi: on request
Additional nights in a double / single room with breakfast:
75/105 € in Matera
60/90 € in Lecce
100 € 3rd / 4th Person in the room
Individual arrival. For millennia, the city's inhabitants dug their homes into the steep mountain slopes, deep into the soft limestone, a characteristic honey-colored stone. These cave settlements, the "Sassi", are now a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
2. Matera - Alberobello (70 km)
Today you cycle to the famous trulli, which once served as residential and warehouse buildings. Alberobello is built on two hills. The trulli zone on the western hill is divided into two districts: Monti and Aia Piccola.
3. Alberobello - Ostuni (55 km)
It goes through beautiful landscapes to Ostuni, a jewel of architecture. Ostuni is also known as the "White City" because of its white walls and houses.
4. Ostuni - Lecce - Gallipoli (70 km by train + 50 km by bike)
Short train transfer to Lecce and a few kilometers by bike in the city and then you immerse yourself in the rural area of Salento. At the end you will reach the Ionian coast and Gallipoli.
5. Gallipoli - Santa Maria di Leuca (50 km)
The city of Santa Maria di Leuca got its name from ancient Greek sailors. When they arrived, the city was brightly lit by the sun, which is why they named it "Leukos" (= white).
6. Santa Maria di Leuca - Otranto (50 km)
To the north, along the Adriatic coast to Otranto. This is the most easterly point of Italy, and you can visit the imposing cathedral and the great Aragonese castle here.
7. Otranto - Lecce (55 km)
You will reach Lecce along the Alumini Lakes. Thanks to its many baroque buildings, the place bears the second name "Florence of the South". You will be impressed by the artistic ornaments.
Departure after breakfast.
For organizational reasons, due to the weather situation or according to the regulations of the local authorities, some changes in the course of the tour may occur before and / or during the holiday. For example, along the route you can find diversions due to construction work that we cannot foresee; please follow the instructions on site.
Easy to moderate: some days flat, others more hilly. Suitable for everyone who already has a bit of cycling experience and is in a normal condition.
We have carefully selected all the hotels on the tour for you. Thanks to the description in the road book, the hotels are easy to reach from the bike path and are close to the main sights of the cities. You stay in 3/4 * hotels (in Alberobello sometimes a typical "hotel village" called "Trulli").
All rooms are equipped with toilet and air conditioning. There is no air conditioning in the trulli because they use an ancient method of thermal insulation, typical of their design.
When you book the tour, please also indicate the type of room:
- a double room is a room with a double bed
- a 2-bed room is a room with two separate beds
- a 3-bed room is usually a room with a double bed + a bed / sofa bed.
WHEELS AND ACCESSORIES
The city bikes are available as women, unisex or men with different frame heights. When booking, you can choose between these bikes:
- City bike 27-speed Shimano Deore
- electric bike
- aluminum frame
- Comfort gel saddle
- Schwalbe puncture-proof tires
- ergonomic handles
- Speed Lifter System
Accessories for rental bikes for adults:
1 bike computer
1 one-sided Ortlieb luggage bag
1 handlebar bag or 1 map holder
1 plastic water bottle (0.75 l)
1 repair kit per room: 1 hose, patch, putty, air pump, 2
Allen key and tire lever
1 combination lock
When booking, you can also rent helmets for adults (head circumference 54-61). All helmets have the test mark with the European standard DIN EN 1078 (CE).
The information package (one per room) contains:
- Final hotel list: due to overbooking or organizational needs, your hotel list can be changed before your arrival
- Luggage labels to be attached to every item of luggage to be transported
- Hotel vouchers, which you hand in on arrival at the hotel
1) Travel guide: contains valuable information about the history, the art treasures and the beauties of the landscapes of the regions visited, but also useful advice for a longer stay in the course of a stage, as well as tips about typical dishes and wines that should not be missed .
2) Detailed maps of the route: in color and on a scale of 1: 50,000 / 1: 75,000, with height information and with plans of the inner cities that are on the route.
3) Roadbook: detailed description of the bike route stage by stage, an important aid when reading the maps.
Need help booking? Talk to email@example.com